Friday, January 28, 2011

If Motherhood is like High School....

....then the internet is like the mean girls' clique.

But instead of making you feel stupid for wearing last year's jeans, it makes you feel stupid for feeding your child solids at 5 months instead of waiting until 6.

Instead of making you feel inadequate because you drive a practical (read: uncool) car, it makes you feel inadequate for using disposable diapers.

Instead of making you feel like an oversensitive wimp for reacting to cruel taunts and teases, it makes you feel like an oversensitive wimp for reacting to your child's cries instead of letting him or her "cry it out."

I have realized since high school that if I just done my own thing with more confidence, I would have been much cooler, not to mention happier. So I am going to put that theory into practice now and shun the Internet and all its bullying. And I just have to say: my former homeboy, Dr. Sears, is the worst internet bully of all. He was so nice to my face, but it turns out that he thinks that as mothers go, I am a demon. Of course he would never say so to me directly, but everyone knows.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go clean up after Reid's lunch while he chills in his exersaucer (gasp!) and change his disposable diaper (gasp!) then maybe put him down for a nap in his crib instead of in bed with me (gasp!). Because it's what REID'S MOM thinks is best. And I bet he'll even be happier for it. If that is possible. Despite having a mom who, according to the internet, does everything wrong, I have a pretty jolly little dude. Ta!

1 comment: