Monday, April 4, 2011

9 months

In the time it takes to gestate a human being, my little one has morphed from a tiny baby into a pre-toddler. He is crawling everywhere, pulling up on everything (including the wall, which to me indicates that his balance is good enough that he doesn't need furniture), and has developed this toddler-like giggle that might as well be a fluorescent light over his head that says "I'M DOING SOMETHING NAUGHTY!!!!"

He eats whatever is put in front of him, including beans, excepting grapes, and he eats a lot of it. I was reading another blog recently wherein a mother posted a photo of her toddler's dinner, and Reid has easily twice that.

Sleep could be better but could be worse. The thing that bothers me the most about sleeping is that people always ask about it. "Oh! A baby! How does he sleep?" I don't know. How do YOU sleep?

He's got two teeth and may be getting another one. I thought I saw a flash of white in there the other day. It's like Jaws lurking below the surface. Although not quite as scary. But a little scary.

He's starting to show a fun personality and a strong will. He seems to enjoy making us laugh. He does not enjoy having toys (or remotes, or cell phones, or the cat's ears, or my wallet) taken away from him, or sitting still when he could be on the move. This includes activities such as diaper changes and car rides.

He is busy, busy, busy, but even when he's playing independently, he looks at me frequently to make sure I'm still here. Sometimes he crawls up on my lap, puts his thumb in his mouth, and puts his head on my shoulder. How I manage to function after such an event is beyond me, what with being a giant pile of goo and all.

Happy 9 month birthday to my little boy...now if you'll excuse me, I need to go refill his high chair tray...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment