Monday, August 16, 2010

Busy Hands

I love the way Reid moves his hands when he nurses. For a couple of weeks there, he sewed. He'd hold his thumb and forefinger together with the rest of his fingers splayed, and rotate his wrist. Sometimes he twirls the hair at the back of his head (say it with me now: eeeeeee!!!!). This weekend he has just started clapping his hand to his forehead and leaving it there. I can't tell what this means.

Is he hungover?*
Should he have had a V8?
Is he wishing he'd done this whole eating thing sooner?
Is he wishing I'd lay off the raw onions?

*I assure you, I researched and researched the effects of alcohol in breastmilk, found that it is okay in moderation, and decided that I was gonna [carefully] drink some beer! Then I got really tired. Usually I can't make it to the kitchen to retrieve one, and if Joel brings me one, I rarely finish it. So this is totally a joke. Besides, no child of ours would have such a weak tolerance.

No comments:

Post a Comment