Saturday, August 21, 2010

Formula is Expensive

I worked the rough numbers, and to feed Reid for a week on Target brand formula - not even name brand! - it would be about $70.

Then why have I gotten so many manufacturers' coupons for formula since becoming pregnant? Yesterday I got an actual sample in the mail, along with a $4 coupon. OK, if it's so easy to to hand out coupons and samples of this stuff, why not just...you know...lower the price?!

And why not do some market research to learn that I do not use formula before wasting $10 worth on me? Why not send these samples to women's shelters or doctors' offices so that they can be given to women who need it? The can is sealed so I plan to do just that (unless my local reader knows someone who will use it) but seriously. I just don't understand why something so expensive is tossed out like candy at a parade.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is expensive. I had no idea what Formula costs, but, would've guessed lower. Obviously not a parent... yet.

    On another note, the blog design looks great!

    ReplyDelete